To mitigate the above impacts, the KCCAP programme has a Mangrove Ecosystem Management activities as below:
- Rehabilitation of Vanga and Gazi Mangrove Forests.
- Shoreline Stabilization.
- Erosion and Accretion Control.
- Develop management Plan for Gazi and Vanga.
- Capacity Building – coxswain training, Mangrove Training, Education and Awareness of Communities on alternative livelihood within Vanga and Gazi areas.
- Procurement of 10 seater capacity boat, floaters, float jackets
|Images showing a bare shoreline resulting to gradual degradation of the shores along the Kenyan Coast|
Click here for more images